Pussyfoot Records calling card has always been our ability to put out an excellent compilation album, especially if that baby is themed. So when we relaunched earlier this year, creating a stonker of a compilation album was number one on our agenda. Of course we shuffled around theme ideas, some good, some laughable. Eventually we all landed quite comfortably in the realm of time and space and thus, 'Space Is The Plaice' was born.
‘Space Is The Plaice’ will be released on the 30th of November, digitally as a 35 track extended extravaganza, as a 27 track triple LP and as a 28 track double CD if you're that way inclined. ‘Space Is The Plaice’ is an aquatic space opera that will have you experiencing zero gravity beats, deep space bleeps and the gentle whir of Uranus. With artists contributing from the UK, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, USA, and all over Europe this album will take you once around the globe and then a few light years further.
Some of the artists you'll hear on the compilation: Howie B ft Norman Reedus, Luke Haines, Pye Corner Audio, Blood Wine Or Honey, Jacknife Lee, Major Force Productions, Milo Clare, Ninna Lundberg, Kensuke Shiina, Ancient Lights Ft Flowdan and Sunny Levine.
If the thought of this album gets you a little hot under the collar: Take a cold meteor shower, towel off, tighten your jupiter belt and meet us at the Pussyfoot space station for a listening party. We had some good space puns planned but we needed a little longer to planet.
We will be releasing three digital E.P's in the lead up to the big boys galaxy wide release: 'Venus Is The Plaice' (28th Sept), 'Mars Is The Plaice' (19th Oct) and 'Jupiter Is The Plaice' (9th Nov). Think of them as the scouting parties for a larger alien invasion, little teasers of what's to come.
Here's the digital track list for 'Space Is The Plaice':
- Tilt – Creation
- Blood Wine Or Honey – Brilliant Pebbles
- Major Force Productions – Watashi wa Hikari
- Timothy Fife & Deadly Avenger – Anemone Mine
- Palm Skin Productions – Air Is The Prayer
- Jacknife Lee- Overview
- MX-744 – Into The Cosmos
- Ancient Lights featuring Flowdan – Crash Landing
- Kensuke Shiina – Orbiting Satellites
- Knowone – airy’S
- Ninna Lundberg – Way Out
- Milo Clare – 20000
- Nick Faber – Dancing At The End Of The Universe
- Dobie – Ripley’s Theme
- David Harrow – Jovian System
- Ezra Hames – Lightseeker
- Kingkong & The Chum - This Is The Place
- Chari Chari- Backward Compatibility
- Howie B featuring Norman Reedus – A Letter From Space
- Rui Da Silva – Interstellar Voyager 3
- Luke Haines – Deep Space Junk
- Romin - Riders To The Stars
- Skylab - Hostile Planet Escape Sequence
- Tojin Kit – Machina
- Spacer – Pseudomorph
- Pye Corner Audio- Deep Space Probe
- Luke Haines – Deep Space Junk
- Snuffy.NYC – Premium Goods
- FPM – Accept You All
- Rob Spectrum – FTBG
- Sunny Levine - Moon Hung
- Borgar Magnason - Into The Wild
- Snerv – The Space In My Place
- Oisin Lunny - Spaceport
- Sie – Music For Space Stations
- Ofeliadorme – Hands
Triple Vinyl LP -£26 rising to £30 after the release day.
Double CD - £9.99 rising to £12.99 after the release day.
Remember if you sign up to our site you'll get an additional 20% off and quite honestly you'd be martian not to. 'Space Is The Plaice' will be released on the 30th of November.